Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Just Persevere

DEAR UTAH:
I love you, a lot.

Oh man you guys what a week! Lots of learnin'. We've been building up the Familia Suarez's confidence in us again through service, so I got the chance to become a master tamale-folder, which I picked up on super fast and the Familia Suarez LITERALLY couldn't get over it. What they don't understand is that as a missionary I have the Gift of Being Able to do Random Mexican Tasks, and also I'm 99% positive that my new name of Hermana LeSuarez gave me some kind of Eagle Power. Also, a bird pooped on my head but then it rained so all was well. (Sorry mom I couldn't think of a word that's less crude than "pooped"...) Also, the Church is true. 
We spent a good portion of the week "sweeping out" the area book, going all over looking for old investigators and being adventurous and saying "buenas tardes" to more stray dogs. It's nearing the end of the cambio, which is crazy, and as I've been explaining I'm going through a bit of a frustrating time in the area...but that's okay because I have TWO WEEKS MORE. 
I hope I get to spend another cambio here, but if not, that's okay. Just going to have to accept it, even though I do love it here. I REACH MY YEAR MARK REEEEEAL SOON IS THAT CRAY OR IS THAT LOCO. I want to try to explain how I feel reaching a year but...I just can't. Haha, trying to sum it up would be impossible, I believe. But hey, here's what I know:
Heavenly Father exists, He is the Father of our Spirits, and we can't see Him but we can feel Him.
Heavenly Father loves us a lot and wants us to come back to live with Him. He gave us the chance to be LIKE Him. We are here because He gave us that chance. He hasn't left us alone. He's given us the Holy Ghost. He's given us prayer. He's given us prophets and apostles. He's given us His authority. He's given us His written word. He's given us families. He's given us the chance to be part of His kingdom here on Earth. He's given us the perfect example, His Son Jesus Christ. He's given us a Savior. If we want to accept the Atoning sacrifice we have to do some basic things to show our faith and ultimately be saved - have faith in Jesus Christ, repent, be baptized by someone holding the Priesthood, receive the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and continue enduring to the end. We CAN LIVE IN ETERNAL HAPPINESS WITH ETERNAL FAMILIES IF WE JUST PERSEVERE FOR THIS SHORT TIME PERIOD WE HAVE HERE. 
I ask you to pray for this family, pray for this area, pray for the many new people we found last week. I know you are, and thank you so much for that. I love you all, and if there's anything I can do for me let me know!
Beeeeeeeg Keeeeeees Leeeeeetle Keeeeeees
Hermana LeSueur

No comments:

Post a Comment