Tuesday, June 2, 2015

I just love being a missionary, okay?

Hey FAM
Sorry this will be short, I left my long email for last for some reason! 
But, here's the deal:
I live in Toluca, Mexico
My companion is a year younger but went to BYU a semester
We had lots of people in church this week, I think the most of my whole mission, and we're baptizing on Wednesday, a girl named Gaby!
We found a great family who came with us and we're hoping to baptize them once they've been to church the five times
My area is like Lomas Verdes in that we spend a lot of time walking from cita to cita because they're really spread out, not like Palmas at all
We have another baptismal date for the 14th, a teenager named Toni
Our bishop is the funniest person in the world (he calls everyone "sinners," literally in every sentence and loves to say "pure iniquity" and just says super funny things like "sorry Hermanas, I was drunk so I forgot about our appointment")
I love my new area, my ward is awesome and love to come on visits with us, getting lessons with a member present is easy 
Already made a super cute little future-missionary friend in the ward, Monica, and she's 18. She came to me on Sunday and said she received specific revelation that she should talk to me about some things she's going through, even though we don't know each other too well. She said she even fought Heavenly Father on it because she thought it would be weird to come to me, but He persisted and said "I already told you, talk to Hermana LeSueur!" We had a super good talk, we have things in common, and I directed her to read Joseph Smith History. You're all invited as well :)
LOTS of rain, so much rain. Rain, rain, rain! 
I'm expecting such a good cambio here in Morelos, it's a fun area and I feel content! Thank you for your prayers, I love you all! I'll see you soon... how many months more? Crazy. 18 months is a short period to serve the Lord with ALL your time, I'm trying hard to make the most of it, and I'm seeing a lot of permanent changes in my character. I just love being a missionary, ok? 
Beeeeeg Keeeees, Leeeeeetle Keeeees
Hermana LeSueur

No comments:

Post a Comment