Monday, June 8, 2015

4 cakes and a tres leches

Hey Guys!
Well, what can I say... my first and last birthday in Mexico has come and gone! I'm having a major problem uploading pictures slash videos of the two time that I got the whole "face-in-the-cake" thing pulled on me, but just know that it happened. I got lots of cute little presents and notes from members and investigators, even though I'm new here I already feel really close with the ward. My cakes were: a Ding-Dong cake, a chocolate cake that a member bought me, a white cake the bishop's family brought to me, the microwave cake momma sent me, and a tres leches cake with raspberries that the family we ate with yesterday made me! Suuuuper spoiled, I know. I still don't have the Mexico birthday song memorized, but it's really cute slash long and I've heard it so many times in the last weeks! In response to your question momma, other than my cakes it was a normal day, can't believe I'm no longer a teenager! Just want to thank you all for the birthday wishes, super nice, definitely made me so happy! Also, the best birthday present of all... we had a baptism on Wednesday! A little girl named Gabi with inactive parents, we taught them and they allowed her to get baptized. Super fun. This coming Sunday we're baptizing the jovencito Toni and then after that a jovencita named Citlaly. Also, we had a great miracle this week. I was having a bit of a hard time navigating the area, a little frustrated, and my zone leader (who's also my district leader) told me to just focus on contacting every single family we see and he promised us that we'd have a new family at church on Sunday. Well, we did what he said until Saturday night, and had no luck. Even that great family we brought last week called and cancelled and told us they'd left as a family and wouldn't be back til Sunday night. Well, a few minutes after that phone call (on Saturday night!) we ran into a family we had contacted a week before, a family of five, walking out to go eat. When we saw them they straight-up told us right away "We'll see you at church tomorrow!" and they all came! We had a great new guy named Julio come as well, and of course Toni and Citlaly and Max (pray for him please - his parents won't let him be baptized) and it all-around ended up being a good week at church. And we have lots of baptismal dates planned! We basically set a date with everyone this week, and our investigator Oscar and Jazmin and Abril also have tentative fechas for the 28th and the 5th. I'm getting used to this new area, it's so different, but I love it! I had an awesome personal study this morning, reading Jesus the Christ and just thinking about how lucky we are to be members of the true church in this time. Man, Heavenly Father trusts us so much! I love Him, and I love His church. As I always make a point of explaining, it is God's kingdom here on Earth. Thank you all again for sending me a birthday note, hope you have a great week!
Beeeeeeg Keeeeees, Leeeeeeetle Keeeeees,
Hermana LeSueur

20th Bday Celebrations

No comments:

Post a Comment