Tuesday, May 26, 2015

I'll go where you want me to go dear Lord

Her little note to me:
 My confidence has definitely changed, it's true! I know who I am and what I'm capable of. Heavenly Father knows I'm capable of Mexico City, of training. I can't do it perfectly but I can do it! Thanks so much momma, so nice. I changed a lot in Palmas, so now it's time to move on to Morelos and apply everything I learned! Love you so much


FAMILY
Hey! So...great last week! Alma and Enrique did NOT get married, despite our best efforts, running all over Mexico trying to get their papers together. BUT. After early mornings and late nights, we got everything we needed EXCEPT the original birth certificate of Alma, and Hermana Hardy is working on getting that together so they can get married this week. Also, we had a great week of people coming to church, lots of less-actives came back and we had lots of investigators! Probably the most we've had in these last six weeks. I'm sad I won't get to see Alma and Enrique, Karla and Rosendo and their son, Martha, and Domingo get baptized, but I know that they will with Hermana Hardy and her new companion, and so I'm grateful I at least got to play a part in their conversion. Still sad! But I feel confident that I left the Palmas teaching pool as full as I could. So, I'm here in MORELOS 2 in TOLUCA! My situation is pretty much the same as the last cambio, I'm finishing the training of an American, Hermana Garber. This area hasn't baptized in a really long time, so I'm excited to see what we can do! It's funny, because my last District Leader was named Elder Goodrich... and so is my new one! They're 4th cousins, haha, but they're both super nice. My companion is from Kaysville UT and is really cute, already great at Spanish. President came to our ward on Sunday and I asked him about her. He told me she's a LOT like me, that her first cambio was difficult like mine for lots of the same reasons. So I'm excited to hopefully come in and be for her what HERMANA MERCADO was for me. 
I was really REALLY sure I was going to a pueblo pueblo this cambio, but my new area isn't all that different from Palmas. Here is more humble, but it's far from what I was thinking this cambio was going to be. But I already like it a lot, and the bishop here is widely known as the best bishop in the mission boundaries... 
Anywho. So sad to leave Palmas. Seriously, I needed a change, but super hard to leave my converts and lots of members that I love so much. I basically had a day of goodbyes yesterday, and there were some tears shed. Familia Franchini (recent converts) threw me a last-minute birthday party and shoved my face in a cake made of Twinkies sang me all the funny Mexico birthday songs. Maria Guadelupe's daughters made me lots of "poems" and drawings. It was a sad day, but I know it HAD to happen. I'll go where you want me to go, dear Lord! 
So, here I am. New people. New companion. New area. New adventure. I know that I'm here for a reason, just like I was in Palmas and Lomas Verdes for a reason. I know that Heavenly Father knows me, knows what I need, knows what my companion needs. I love Him so much, and I'm so grateful for these great opportunities He's given me! Love you all, have a great week!
Beeeeeeg Keeeeees, Leeeeeetle Keeeeeees
Hermana LeSueur


No comments:

Post a Comment