Monday, September 28, 2015

Perfect faith and knowledge is not necessary

FAMILY LESUEUR,
Well, I got transferred, yes I did! I am super excited because I'm here with Hermana Erickson from Arizona and we are pretty much twins. From how we look to how many sisters and brothers we have and how old they are and just the fact that we both have been in BYU and know lots of the same people and we think all the same things are funny... I'm way happy! I'm in the DF again, in a part called Camerones, and my area is Claveria. I can't believe I spent 4 1/2 months in Morelos, and I loved it so much. For sure my favorite area. It was so so hard to say goodbye, I cried lots yesterday haha especially saying bye to the Martinez Family. But we'll be seeing them soon, in Utah! I got so close to so many members and investigators alike and made so many close relationships. It was such a good day yesterday. Stressful, but so good. Rossy got too nervous and didn't get baptized but came to church with her mom and son, Saturday night we had a really good talk and she cried and she expressed her appreciation for us being there for her at a rough time of her life. She made me a bracelet and her son gave me this really funny stuffed Mexican guy that has a machete and a bottle of beer in his hands, haha. It was hard to say bye to her, but she will for sure be getting baptized in a week or two. I loved looking around me on Sunday and seeing the fruits of our labors - Domingo, content as ever and progressing toward the priesthood, Hermana Blanca, the lady we helped completely re-activate, the Familia Duran, another family we re-activated, the Familia Suarez, the family I found in the street 4 1/2 months ago that are now pretty much the most active, knowledgeable non-members around (argggg), Ada and Jorge - the couple we BAPTIZED yesterday at 7. Yep, that's right - they got baptized yesterday! They have plans to move to Utah so their future kids can go to BYU and they want to serve a mission as an older couple. It was such a happy day. Pictures to come. We had a stake baptism service, in the zone there were like 10 baptisms or something like that. Of course, something ALWAYS has to happen before an awesome baptism - Ada found some dumb information via internet about 3 hours before the time of the baptism. We had tons of people praying for them and we were able to help her minimize her doubts and remember why she wanted to get baptized in the first place. With Jorge, her husband, the trick was helping him to recognize that perfect faith and knowledge is not necessary before baptism - he is one of those people who has to let that desire to believe work in him. I'm so glad he acted on that desire, because the promise is that with action his faith will grow. They're such a cute couple and it was also hard to leave them. Citlali is also doing well, she got her first hymnbook and moved with her family and now lives closer to the church building. Toni is still struggling, but I know that Hermana Harmon (the Hermana that's now with Hermana Travassos) is the person who can help. Gabi is also doing great, we ate with them last Monday and she is the cutest. I know that there are lots of people who will be getting baptized in Morelos in the next few weeks and months, and even though I won't be there my happiness is the same. 
I met so many angels in Morelos. Just as Heavenly Father sent an angel to help Jesus in Gethsemane instead of taking away his trial, in the mission he always sends me angels instead of taking away the thing that's hard. The Familia Martinez/Maldonado has been a family of angels for me, along with the family of the bishop, various other ward members and investigators. There aren't words to express my gratitude. I'm so happy to have the chance to be here in Claveria, and even though changing areas is still hard, I know I'm here for a reason. This area has apparently been passing through a rough patch for a bit, and I'm excited to get out there and inviting everyone to conference. Last conference I was thinking "wow, next conference I'll be in the end of my mission!" Thank goodness - I'm here and I still don't feel like I'm in the end. Which is such a good thing. I'm so incredibly excited to hear the words of the Lord's chosen servants. The light these men carry with them is VISIBLE, and it's so obvious that they KNOW with all of their hearts that the great plan of salvation we teach is real. Find someone to invite to watch conference this week! Pay attention to the small details, don't busy yourself writing down every single word they say - remember that these are men who converse with God. Look for the difference in their faces, in their smiles. It exists. I love you guys, have a great week there at home and I'll do my best to have some success here in my first week in Claveria!
Beeeeeeeg Keeeeeees Leeeeeeetle Keeeeeeees
Hermana LeSueur 

No comments:

Post a Comment