Monday, September 14, 2015

It's just about being BRAVE

My sweet and cute family that I love and like,

WOW well I think I have to start out with just an all around THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE PACKAGE(S) AND THE NOTES AND EVERYTHING YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH THAT MEANT TO ME YESTERDAY I WAS ACTING LIKE IT WAS CHRISTMAS MORNING!

So what happened is that at the temple dedication in the morning Hermana Titi told me, "at dinner we have some news about your family" and then when I got there she was like "your family sent you a little note..." and then they came out with like 4 grocery bags of pure American dulces and letters and shoes and clothes and I just freaked out and then they showed me pictures of you all together and oh man it was just the best day of my life. Thank you, thank you, thank you, for all of that. I feel like the luckiest in the whole world! 

The Martinez Family is very special to me, they're so Christlike and they're all such awesome examples here in the area. Yes, momma, I'm already wearing one of the sweaters and I'm so excited to have some tights! They're so expensive here! 

It was a good week here in Morelos, a few health issues with the two of us, but a good week all-around because we got to go to the temple dedication! well, the chapel to see the video :) but it was the most relaxing sunday i've had in a year because obviously we couldn't take investigators so we couldn't commit people to church all week. but, we found some great new people who will come next week! 

I got my package at Zone Conference, THANK YOU SO MUCH for that as well! i LOVED seeing your handwriting, like always, and it made me so happy. Man, I'm so spoiled it's a little ridiculous :)

Ada and Josue will be getting baptized together on the 27th, they're a married couple in their mid-twenties, super funny and stylin and really into it all. We're so excited. i'll take pictures of them this week! They're reading the book of mormon together and watching all the little videos and everything's going great. Rosie is also ready for the 27th, pray that things keep going so great! She knows it's true, now it's just about being BRAVE. Vanessa is having a few doubts, she's shying away from the church a bit and it doesn't help that we didn't have meetings yesterday. But i know that with lots of prayer and fasting she'll start to progress again. Apart, we found a family this week thats super cute with two little girls, let's hope they show up! 

I hate thinking that my days in Morelos might be ending, but I know that we'll go out with a bang! the 27th is a big baptism day in the zone, and we're going to baptize in one big group at the same time so it'll be fun. It'll be called "the snowstorm of Toluca" haha. Things are great in Morelos, the members are so so awesome as you've seen first-hand, and I'm so lucky i've had the chance to be here! 

I finally started getting that dreaded stomach sickness of Mexico missionaries haha along with the fever and aches and chills and all that, but I'm all good now! I've learned how to deal with mission sickness by now, how to kill it early in the process :) my companion got sick with allergies, she ahs REALLY bad allergies, it's sad because Ada has a dog that makes her eyes swell up really big. 

yes, it all fits and i love the shoes so much! They are SO nice and cute too! 

also, about the cookies... titi gave me the cookies and i immediately said, "Hermana, i think my mom meant these for you guys! I know my mom, and she wants to you to have them." And she was like "no, they're for you!" and we fought a little bit haha until oli got your message that they really are for the family, but they STILL wouldn't accept both plates! just one. i felt so bad. but don't worry, i knew they were for the martinez family immediately :)

That grandma is named Sonny, she is SO cute I love her so much! also, i've never once spoken english in their house, so funny to hear that they all speak english super well! i feel so connected to you guys through them. it's so fun because every week they eat as a big family, cousins and aunts and uncles, and it feels lke our house on sundays. i've gotten so lucky on my mission to find so many amazing families who help me feel at home. 

LOVE YOU MY FAMILY AND MY LITTLE BROTHER AND SISSIES! you are the best, i hear Sam and Luc are growing up SOOO much! have a good week, you're in every one of my prayers!

love, 
Emmie

Emma, Sis Travassos

Emma, Citlali

Emma got her surprise package at Martinez's house

More package surprises 

She LOVES Citlali

One of her old companions, Sis Garber

Her Zone

More American goods from home

No comments:

Post a Comment