Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Be perfect in trying

Emma's letter was really short and just to us last week, since she just skyped us the day before for Mother's Day (which was awesome by the way!)  It was really cute and I thought you might enjoy reading it.  And below it is this week's letter :)


Hi guys!
Can't believe I saw you yesterday! It felt soooo short, but at least i didn't spend the whole time crying again... Just so fun to talk like normal, see our basement, hear your laughs and voices, just be assured that everyone' fine and everything's normal. Also, saying "see you again in 7 months" at the end made the rest of my mission seem SO short! Could be less than that, of course... I know Regents will accept me if I start early, but will BYU as well? I'll definitely be giving that a lot of thought.
Ok first, DADDY, thank you for your nice letter, I am a lot happier. Lots of changes happening! For every single one of us, it seems. I love what you said about it being in the Lord's hands - after all we can do, we may stand still and wait on the Lord. I've been reading a lot about that topic. I'm not going to be a perfect missionary ever, but if I'm trying to be more obedient and more like Christ every day I can be "perfect in trying."
MOMMA! I loved seeing you wearing my Ink shirt and hearing your laugh. I'm sorry I didn't say more about Mother's Day, I want you to know how much I seriously though about and talked about you yesterday. I shared a though with some members yesterday about how you influenced me to serve a mission just SO MUCH. You're so strong and brave and thinking of you making it through the Philippines helps me find the confidence that I can get through Mexico. I know it couldn't have been easy to send your daughter to a place like this, but that just goes to show how completely you understand the Gospel and how much you trust in the Lord. It's incredible, momma, the things you do. You have helped me every single day of my mission, without a doubt. As always, words are so insufficient, but THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING, EVERY LITTLE THING, AND HAPPY HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
Kitty Kitty y r u sew prittee. I love you. I miss you. Congrats on being the smartest, sportiest, most beautiful, most talented person in the whole world! Times are a'changin for you right now, and I want you to know how PROUD I am of you, not because of what you've een able to accomplish, but because of the sweet, funny, thoughtful person you are. See ya in a bit!
Sammy Whammy - my b-ball bro-tank baja-voz BRUDDER. Man, Sammy, you look OLD! You're almost as big and tough as Michael Scarn! Almost. Congrats on basketball and on being the cutest TEENAGER EVER. Guess what, if you go slow enough, I'll be home to watch the last two episodes of The Office with you...whaddya think? Can you wait 8 months more? I love you bubby. You're the greatest. 
Lucy SMOOSH. YOU KNOW IT'S SO HARD FOR ME TO LOOK AT YOU WITHOUT CRYING BUT SOMEHOW I DID IT! Goose, my soccer star! Are you going to play for BYU one day??? Man, I just miss holding your cute hand. So happy that you're going to come be with Kitty and I when we live at the Y! Seriously baby, I loved seeing you yesterday and hearing the cute little voice that luckily hasn't changed as much as Sammy's... haha. I love your cute little letters you send me, I print almost all of them to put on my wall and read in the week because they're so sweet. You're the cutest in the world and I love you soooo much!
LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH
Hermana Emmy


Heyyy slash Hola errbody!
So, crazy week...In the training process there comes a point when the person being trained gets to run EVERYTHING! And it was Hermana (VICTORIA) Hardy's week! She did great, and I loved seeing all the things we've learned together come into play. Something awesome this week - we had a SUPER AWESOME FAMILY at church, I feel like we haven't had a solid family in awhile. I think I've already mentioned Karla and fam, but they came with us all dressed up with their two kids and made lots of friends and the husband is basically the greatest, so much interest in the Book of Mormon and wants to keep learning and learning all he can. So that's exciting! I know they'll get baptized, but it's not too likely I'll be here to see it. But that's okay, building the kingdom is building the kingdom! We're focusing a lot this week on getting ALMA y ENRIQUE baptized. I don't know if you remember them, but they're basically the most member-members you can be without actually being members. For some reason or another, they just haven't wanted to get married! We had a great family home evening with them, and now they're willing. PRAY FOR THEM A LOT PLEASE! We're having lots of problems with their paperwork, because she doesn't have her birth certificate, but my whole district is praying we'll see a miracle. We have a great pool of investigators at this point, and it's sad because this could be my last P-day in Palmas. But I loved something Maria Guadelupe told me this week. We were having a lesson, and we started talking about the fact that I could be gone soon. She started telling me that even though it's sad, she feels like I've had a lasting effect here in Palmas and even more than that, I've changed as a person. As in, she told me, that the difference she sees in me - in my confidence, in my happiness, is just incredible. And so she says she doesn't want it but she's at peace with my leaving because "like an angel, you can only be here for a moment to make your difference and then just like that you're gone," and honestly I too am at peace. It was really really nice what she said. I've met so many people who have changed my life here, especially those I've baptized. I was talking to Aida yesterday and she said she'll never forget the moment in which I "looked into her heart" and told her "Why wait to do something if you know it's right RIGHT now?" that was the second she knew she had to get baptized the next day, that she was ready. I have plans to come back and live with her after my mission, haha. :) The members are so wonderful and I've met so many people so SO Christ like that just inspire me every time I'm with them. Oh, Palmas. "Because I knew you, I have been changed for good." 
We had an awesome conference with a member of the 70 yesterday, Elder Nash. Awesome, can't even explain how much I needed it and how powerful everything he said was. Seriously, the theme was ENJOY YOUR MISSION. I have to go in a minute, but I'll try to remember to write down my notes next week. Basically, we were told by him and by President that we are allowed to be happy, it's actually essential. Also, we're so LUCKY to be on missions. Yep, it's true. I feel extremely lucky to be here. I KNOW THE CHURCH IS TRUE AND I LOVE GIVING THIS WONDERFUL GIFT TO OTHERS ALL DAY LONG. I love you all so much, have a great week.               
Beeeeeg Keeeeees, Leeeeeetle Keeeeees,
Hermana LeSueur

No comments:

Post a Comment