Thursday, July 17, 2014

Come, Let Us Go Up to the Mountain of the Lord

'Day 1' of my 'Missionary Journey!' No, I'm not in the mission field, but today (July 16th) was a life-changer. Today, surrounded by my parents and four grandparents, I feel as if I came to view life in a completely new way. My desire to spread this work increased immensely. My bishop told me to focus on my feelings while there instead of getting stressed trying to remember all of the details (a smart thing to say to a worrier such as I) and looking back, I'd say that I did just that. Feeling are of course, almost impossible to capture in words. Can I just say my feelings in that holy place were 'indescribable' and leave it at that? I'll try hard to elaborate: I felt such a union with my spiritual siblings, and I was extremely impressed by the overpowering sense of humility that brightened each room. The temple is, in short:

beauty
acceptance
knowledge
cleanliness
 truth
a home.
I do know, with all my heart, that the temple is THE HOUSE OF GOD, A PLACE OF LOVE AND BEAUTY. I am eternally grateful that, all through my life, I have had so many wonderful examples around to motivate me to fulfill my "sacred duty." I can't wait to get back to the temple to listen and to learn.



No comments:

Post a Comment